Refundit Ltd. (“Refundit“, “Company” “we” or “us“) respects the privacy of the users of the App (“User” or “you”), and is committed to protect the personal information that Users share with it. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you use App.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
a. The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering and/or using the App and/or installs the App. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the App, type of the User’s mobile device and its operating system and version, User’s ‘click-stream’ on the App, time spent on various screens of the App, etc.
b. The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
· Users of the App automatically provide their IP address (or Mac Address, if applicable), mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location and security purposes, as well as other identifiers assigned to their devices and/or web-browsers, such as Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer), as applicable.
· The Personal Information is collected from the details the User provides when opening an Account and signs up to the App, which may consist of the User’s e-mail address, mobile phone-number and password. A confirmation message may be sent to your mobile phone which will include a verification code that will be required to be typed in order to complete the registration process.
· For the purpose of obtaining a VAT Equivalent Refund, you shall be required to fill out our Refund Application Form via the App and to provide certain information, including the following:
- your name, e-mail address and phone number;
- your country of residence;
- your full address, including street, city, country and postal code;
- the country of your departure from the EU;
- the dates of your arrival to and departure from the EU;
- a photocopy of your passport. Please note that we may extract certain information from such photocopy of your passport, such as your full name, passport number, date of issue and place of residence;
- a photocopy of your outbound flight boarding pass. Please note that we may extract certain information from such photocopy of your outbound flight boarding pass, such as your full name and flight details; and
- photocopies of the tax invoices applicable to all purchases for which you are requesting a VAT Equivalent Refund. Please note that we may extract from such tax invoices certain information, including the name of the shop, the date of purchase, the items purchased and the VAT charged for such items.
Additional information may be required in order to complete the Refund Application Form.
· Information provided by you voluntarily during your communications with us (e.g. emails, text messages), including Feedback and information you provide in surveys and interviews that you may take part in. We may record phone calls for quality assurance purposes and for improving our Services.
· VAT Equivalent Refunds may be paid out via Online Payment Processors which may require you to provide to such Online Payment Processors certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information). We will not store such information on our servers. We only keep token information that such Online Payment Processors provide us with, and such information is strictly secured. To the extent that VAT Equivalent Refunds are provided to you by way of a bank transfer, we may collect your bank account details for the sole purpose of making such payment.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
a. We collect information through your entry, connection, installation, access and/or use of the App. In other words, when you are using the App we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage. For example, when you are using the App we collect data produced by you device, such as your geo-location.
b. We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you register and open an Account and when you fill out our Refund Application Form.
We may gather, collect and store such information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
We collect Non-personal Information and Personal Information in order to provide the App and related services included therein.
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our App and our Services.
- Enhance and improve the User’s experience while using the App.
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on and uses of the App.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enable the overall operation of the App and opening an Account.
- Process Refund Application Forms and provide you with VAT Equivalent Refunds.
- Improve the quality of the App by formulating, customizing and enhancing the User’s experience on the App.
- Allow us to contact Users for the purpose of inquiring with respect to the User’s experience and satisfaction of the Services. In this regard, we may contact Users with offers to participate in surveys, study groups and interviews.
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and support.
- Be able to contact Users with proposals and tailored information regarding our products, events, offers, services, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, and events of interest etc. (including by way of newsletter) and for direct marketing purposes.
- Send push notifications to the User’s device after the User has agreed to accept push notifications from us. Users can deactivate push notification by changing their settings within our App.
- Verify the User’s identity when he/she signs in to the App, as well as verifying User’s identity for the purpose of dealing with inappropriate interactions of User and/or fraudulent use of our App.
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our App’s Users as well as in order to safeguard our App.
- Take security, fraud prevention, and money laundering prevention measures.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
For avoidance of doubt, Refundit has the unrestricted right to use Non-personal Information for any purpose and to transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its own discretion.
7. Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to delete your Account, to update or modify your Personal Information included in your Account and/or change your e-mail address please send us an e-mail with adequate detail of your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain and use your Personal Information after termination of your Account, for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, including without limitation, for future analytics and analysis, in order to comply with our legal or business requirements or obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our Terms and/or to enable the User to reinstate his/her Account, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Aggregate and/or anonymous information derived from your Account and/or use of the App may remain on Refundit’ servers indefinitely.
The App is intended for Users over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, Refundit does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors under the age of eighteen (18) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of eighteen (18) are not using the App. If we learn that we collected Personal Information from minors under the age of eighteen (18) we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact Refundit at email@example.com if you have reasons to suspect that Refundit collected Personal Information from minors under the age of eighteen (18) and we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our App and User information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted on Google servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information will never occur. REFUNDIT SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
10. Third Party Service Providers
11. International Data Transfer
We transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
12. Links to Third Party Websites
13. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When you access or use the App, we or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies”, Ad-id, or other similar technologies which store certain information on your computer or device (“Cookies“), which will allow us to, gather information and enable automatic activation of certain features thus making your experience much more convenient and effortless. We or our authorized third party service providers may use both session cookies (which expire once you close the App) and persistent cookies (which stay on your system until you delete them). It is easy to disable or delete Cookies. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Note that Cookies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc. Refundit does not control such third party service providers.
14. Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, email address) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future products and services. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
16. Got any Questions?